1) What Season is Lacrosse Played In?
Lacrosse is a spring sport which is played primarily from March through Mid June.
2) How are the Teams Divided?
Teams are divided evenly with experienced/newer players. At the U12 and U14 level, players, there is an opportunity to try out for a select team. This "A" team is made up of advanced players that have chosen to focus on accelerating their lacrosse development.
3) How Much does the program cost?
It varies by division and time of sign up. There is a $25 discount for each additional child.
4) What does my registration fee go towards?
The fee covers referees, uniforms, personnel and team equipment (goalie equipment, goals, nets, cones, balls, etc.), medical kits, and tournament fees.
5) How does my family register?
During the registration period you can register via the Boys Lacrosse website using the "Registration" link in the left sidebar. By completing the registration process online it will offer the option of paying by credit card, or mailing a check to the address on the registration receipt.
6) What is the deadline for registration?
The website is open until March 1st unless the teams are filled before that time.
7) How often do the programs practice?
It is up to the individual coaches to set practices schedules. However, there are typically 2 practices during the week and one on the weekends. For the U8 players, there is only practice on the weekends.
8) What equipment is provided by West Hartford Youth Lacrosse?
We do have access to some used/loaner equipment. Please reach out to the league for more information.
9) What are the major differences between boys and girls lacrosse?
In boys lacrosse, more body contact is allowed at the highest level. The boys players wear much more padding. Stick checks are allowed at all levels.